FROM: CHIEF EDUCATION OFFICER
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, TECHNOLOGICAL AND VOCATIONAL TRAINING
Principals of all Public Nursery, Primary, Secondary and Special Schools
July 14, 2022
Summer Nutrition Programme 2022
1. The METVT will launch the Summer Nutrition (SuN) programme for our nursery, primary, secondary and special needs children from Monday, July 25, 2022 until Friday, September 02, 2022 from 12 noon until 2:00 p.m.
2. The aims of this programme are to provide:
• access to healthy hot meals from Monday to Friday of each week based on express need
• opportunities for the evaluation of new menu offerings, as well as some of the offerings currently on the school meals menu
• meals from central and community based locations which are easily accessible;
• lunch and learn activities for students who access the SuN Programme
3. Lunches will be served from designated schools from 12 noon daily and children will be given opportunities to engage in fun and exciting activities during and after lunch. These artistic activities will help children build self-esteem, learn table etiquette and develop good study habits among other areas of interest.
4. A Google Form will be shared with you and the ITC at your school for distribution to parents through students’ email addresses. Please print forms for parents of students who are most vulnerable and arrange for their parents to collect, complete and submit to your office.
5. The deadline for submission of the form is Monday, July 18, 2022.
6. Please be aware that after the schools designated for the SuN Programme have been identified, principals will be contacted to make the necessary arrangements to facilitate the Lunch and Learn activities.
7. These include ensuring that:
the serving area and other rooms are available for use; a senior member of staff and/or member of staff is/are available to oversee the operations at the school during the implementation of the SuN Programme. (Staff members can be deployed on a rotational basis).
Thank you for your cooperation in this regard.
Ramona Archer-Bradshaw (Ph.D) Chief Education Officer